|Agnes Lucas BARRETT
• On 15 Mar 1896 her marriage certificate said that she was a 28-year-old spinster and that she lived at 4 Culford Gardens, Chelsea, London. Her father, William Barrett, was a farmer. 1
• On 31 Mar 1901 she appeared on the census at 21 Devonshire Road, Chiswick, Middx as a 33-year-old married woman and head of household. Presumably her husband was away as a soldier. 3
• On 2 Apr 1911 Agnes appeared on the census at 21 Priory Road, Acton Green, London as a 41-year-old who had been married for 15 years with 4 children, one of whom had died. 4
• Their witnesses were Robert Briary, Richard Temple and Susan Barrett. 1
• Their marriage was registered during the quarter ended Mar 1896 at the Chelsea registration district, with GRO reference vol 1a, page 471. 2
1 London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921, "1896. Marriage solemnized at the Parish Church in the parish of St. Luke, Chelsea in the county of London," Walter Edwin Adamd and Agnes Lucas Barrett marriage, page 160 entry 319; digital images, Ancestry, in partnership with the London Metropolitan Metropolitan Archives(www.ancestry.co.uk : accessed 10 Mar 2013).
2 FreeBMD, "Marriage indices," database(http://www.freebmd.org.uk : accessed 10 Mar 2013), entry for Walter Edwin Adams and Agnes Lucas Barrett, volume 1a, page 471, Mar quarter 1896, Chelsea district; citing the General Register Office's England and Wales Civil Registration Indexes.
3 1901 Census of England, Chiswick, folio 75, page 6, Agnes L. Adams; digital images(www.ancestry.co.uk : accessed 10 Mar 2013); citing PRO RG 13/1198.
4 1911 Census of England and Wales, 21 Priory Road Acton Green Chiswick W, Walter Adams; digital images(www.findmypast.co.uk/ : accessed 10 Mar 2013); citing RG 78 PN 345, RG 14 PN 6974, registration district (RD) 128 (Brentford), sub district (SD) 6 (Acton), enumeration district (ED) 23, schedule number (SN) 438.
1881 Census of England, Roxwell, folio 73, page 3, William Adams; digital images(www.ancestry.co.uk : accessed 3 Mar 2013); citing PRO RG 11/1764.