(Abt 1818-Abt 1892)
• On 2 Apr 1871 he appeared on the census at 5 Barrack Row, Mountnessing, Essex as a 53-year-old hay binder and thatcher.
• On 3 Apr 1881 Charles appeared on the census at High Road, Mountnessing, Essex as a 64-year-old agricultural labourer.
• On 5 Apr 1891 he appeared on the census at Merrylands Cottages, Mountnessing, Essex as a 74-year-old.
• His death was registered during the quarter ended Mar 1892 at the Billericay registration district, with GRO reference vol 4a, page 302.
• On 5 Oct 1895 his daughter Matilda's marriage certificate said that he had been a hay binder.
Charles married Sarah Emily ROLPH, daughter of James ROLPH and Keziah POOLE, in 1867. (Sarah Emily ROLPH was born about 1841 in Fryerning, Essex 1 and died in 1900.)
• Their marriage was registered during the quarter ended Dec 1867 at the West Ham registration district, with GRO reference vol 4a, page 45.
1841 Census of England, Fryerning, folio 6, page 7, James ROLPH; digital images(http://www.ancestry.co.uk : accessed 13 Jan 2010); citing PRO HO 107/325/15.