|Thomas Edward TIDEY
• On 2 Apr 1911 Thomas appeared on the census at 2 Sussex Road, South Weald, Essex as a 29-year-old fireman in the Loco. Dept. of a railway company. 2
• On 14 Dec 1944 he was granted letters of administration for his wife's estate and was described as a locomotive engine driver. 4
• His death was registered during the quarter ended Jun 1963 at the Epping registration district, with GRO reference vol 5a, page 87.
• On 25 Sep 1963 his estate was probated at the London registry to his son Leonard Hamilton Tidey, stores manager and Leslie Wood, shop keeper. Effects £1,479 9s. At the time of his death he was living at 31 The Drive, Loughton, Essex. 3
• Their marriage was registered during the quarter ended Dec 1907 at the Orsett registration district, with GRO reference vol 4a, page 905. 1
1 FreeBMD, "Marriage indices," database(http://www.freebmd.org.uk : accessed 25 Oct 2012), entry for Thomas Edward Tidey and Alice Rolph, volume 4a, page 905, Dec quarter 1907, Orsett district; citing the General Register Office's England and Wales Civil Registration Indexes.
2 1911 Census of England and Wales, 2 Sussex Road South Weald, Thomas Edward Tidey; digital images(www.findmypast.co.uk/ : accessed 25 Oct 2012); citing RG 78 PN 526, RG 14 PN 10011, registration district (RD) 193 (Billericay), sub district (SD) 1 (Brentwood), enumeration district (ED) 16, schedule number (SN) 288.
3 England and wales, Thomas Edward Tidey, 1963, page 276; digital images, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1861-1941 (www.ancestry.co.uk : accessed 25 Oct 2012).
4 England and wales, Alice Tidey, 1944, page 732; digital images, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1861-1941 (www.ancestry.co.uk : accessed 25 Oct 2012).
1891 Census of England, Bulpham, folio 91, page 1, Arthur Spooner; digital images(www.ancestry.co.uk : accessed 8 Nov 2012); citing PRO RG 12/1380.