|Robert Edgar HANCOCK
• On 2 Apr 1911 Robert appeared on the census at 31 Selkirk Road, Tooting, Surrey as a 30-year-old librarian, working for a bublisher and news agent. 2
• On 30 Apr 1942 he was awarded the probate of his wife Ethel's will and was described as a library assistant. 4
• His death was registered during the quarter ended Jun 1957 at the Surrey Mid E registration district, with GRO reference vol 5g, page 206. 5
• On 26 Jun 1957 his estate was probated at the London registry to his daughter Dorothy. Effects £3,323 15s 6d. At the time of his death he was living at Oaklands, 16 Bramley Road, Sutton. 3
Robert married Ethel Winifred TIMPSON, daughter of Samuel TIMPSON and Mary Ann EATON, in 1907.1 (Ethel Winifred TIMPSON was born about 1885 in Lambeth, Surrey 6 and died on 8 Mar 1942 at the Sutton and Cheam General Hospital, Sutton, Surrey 4.)
• Their marriage was registered during the quarter ended Sep 1907 at the Wandsworth registration district, with GRO reference vol 1d, page 1533. 1
1 FreeBMD, "Marriage indices," database(http://www.freebmd.org.uk : accessed 18 Jun 2012), entry for Robert Edgar Hancock and Ethel Winifred Timpson, volume 1d, page 1533, Sep quarter 1907, Wandsworth district; citing the General Register Office's England and Wales Civil Registration Indexes.
2 1911 Census of England and Wales, 31 Selkirk Road Tooting S W, Robert Edgar Hancock; digital images(www.findmypast.co.uk/ : accessed 18 Jun 2012); citing RG 78 PN 78A, RG 14 PN 2287, registration district (RD) 26 (Wandsworth), sub district (SD) 5 (Streatham), enumeration district (ED) 2, schedule number (SN) 117.
3 England and wales, Robert Edgar Hancock, 1957, page 101; digital images, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1861-1941 (www.ancestry.co.uk : accessed 19 Jun 2012).
4 England and wales, Ethel Winifred Hancock, 1942, page 59; digital images, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1861-1941 (www.ancestry.co.uk : accessed 19 Jun 2012).
5 "FreeBMD Death records," database(http://www.freebmd.org.uk : accessed 19 Jun 2012), entry for Robert E Hancock, volume 5g, page 206, jun quarter 1957, Surrey Mid East district; citing the General Register Office's England and Wales Civil Registration Indexes.
1891 Census of England, Lambeth, folio 109, page 5, Samuel Timpson; digital images(www.ancestry.co.uk : accessed 15 Jun 2012); citing PRO RG 12/409.